Red Notice: The joy in watch Gal Gadot having fun while beating The Rock up

 


Directed by: Rawson Marshall Thurber
Screenplay: Rawson Marshall Thurber
Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Reynolds, Gal Gadot, Ritu Arya
Production: Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia, Dwayne Johnson
Director of Photography: Markus Förderer
Art Director: Rory Bruen

Expecting nothing but easy, predictable, cliché-filled fun, I sat down to relax and watch Red Notice.
I wasn't disappointed for a second. The clichés were there, the predictability was present from the opening credits to the closing ones, and I would have to complain if the fun I so craved wasn't as pervasive as the problems, if they really are problems, which I mentioned above.

After all, when clichés and predictability are real flaws? Just being there can be considered demerits of the film, or is it only when they start to annoy the viewer that they are, in fact, bad?

I'm asking myself these questions because, satisfied that I was, in some scenes, I tweeted about the film and what was my surprise to see that many people didn't like the feature film. And I was even more amazed to see that the critics also showered unfavourable opinions on the work.


But after all, why such a difference in experiences with the same film?

The common tone I've noticed in almost every negative review I've read or seen was But this budget, this cast, and it's an art thieves story... to be so shallow and predictable? In other words, everyone feels as if they felt cheated by the plot that was said to be and what ended up coming true.
The names involved also generated a certain expectation, which, for these people, was not met. However, as much as I understand such expectations (to some extent at least), I cannot see these reasons as really fair.
Well, I didn't even see the trailer (only that scene of Gal kicking the men's asses), but when I readed the following sentence: "Dwayne Johnson plays an FBI agent who teams up with antique thief Ryan Reynolds, to arrest the thief too Gal Gadot", I no longer allowed myself to expect anything but laughter and fun moments. As much as I love the trio involved (especially Gadot and Johnson), I didn't expect a story with room for memorable performances and a surprising script, because none of the three to date has overcome their limitations (nor had they had any reason to). That was obvious. If someone felt cheated, he cheated on his own. As for the budget, I don't know if it is, or should be, an automatic indicator of quality in the sense that those disappointed wanted it. The plot has at its heart a world of luxury, antiques, art and jewelry, of course it would be expensive, having depth or not. Outside, of course, the salaries of the actors. Again, they deluded themselves of their own volition.

I've seen some critics say that there's an effort to focus on Dwayne Johnson's leading role only, making the other two actors, most notably Ryan Reynolds, almost, if not downright irrelevant. Honestly, I didn't notice any of this. In my perception, everyone stands out, and the one that stands out the most is Gadot. In my understanding, the movie is hers. And not for the sake of scripting or directing. I only saw Gal on screen, and the more I saw it, the more I wanted to see it. Johnson and Reynolds do have a great role each, but the interpretation that captivated me the most was Gal's. Her character has a chaotic, hot energy, a delight to keep track of how much fun she's having with the role. The impression is that the girl Gal is in an amusement park, playing beating a grown man. And that's great! If anyone who reads this review wants to make a compilation of her scenes and post it on twitter, please tag me (@CarolNerdChyc).



Performances from hams to lazybones

Yes, the performances pleased me, but it's not because they pleased me that I don't know it's not that big of a deal.

None of the three protagonists have a history of great acting. Ryan Reynolds at best is likable and charismatic, but to this day he hasn't come out of it. For me, it's great. I'm a fan of Deadpool from the comics and I loved how Ryan knew how to transform himself into the chatty mercenary to perfection, but it seems that, in addition to being used to doing just that, he doesn't know how to get out of character anymore. For the time being this doesn't make any bad impression on me, but for the sake of his career, maybe it would be better to work on this accommodation.

Dwayne is almost an entity. If you remember, the persona The Rock and actor Dwayne Johnson are almost no different from each other. Like Ryan, Johnson was cut out to be a character, Black Adam. But while Reynolds only became the character after playing him (although he was always there in essence), the ex-fighter was almost born under the energy of the anti-hero (or villain, depending on your point of view), and all of his work to date has gone into showing himself to be more than the scowling brucutu that Adam's role asks for.
From what I've seen of the actor so far, is that he has the potential to be a better actor. He just didn't feel a greater need to deepen his acting talents.

Now with Gal... Ah, Gal. I really really love you. I cannot think of Wonder Woman who is the personification of Wonder Woman without thinking of her person. However, although here in this work, your cheekiness is a delight indeed, and that is just a fact (I will certainly watch the movie again just to see your pranks and craziness of a visibly unbalanced person who at any moment is capable of killing someone because, I don't know, he didn't like the poor guy's clothes — no, that doesn't happen in the movie, there are no deaths — Now thinking about it... Her character has a certain Harley Quinn vibe!) when you ask for a little more emotion, especially in dramatic scenes, there, the same magic doesn't happen as in other sequences, such as action sequences. However, in the part of Wonder Woman 1984, where there is a rupture that the character simply could not take at that moment, the emotional destruction caused by the goodbye was so intense in Gadot's eyes, that it moved me enormously, therefore, I believe that, as in the case Johnson's, room for improvement, exists, it was just not necessary to look for it until now.

The script is certainly beaten, nothing that hasn't been done several times before. Nor is the way to run it a big deal. However, I was not particularly disappointed, having expected nothing more than Gal, beautiful, and well dressed (who thought of the costumes for the actress, congratulations) stepping on strong men and this I won (with the bonus from Wonder Woman kind of insane as Harley Quinn).

The smile and serenity in the eyes of those who know it doesn't have to be a well of sanity being beautiful like that
(being rich and fighting perfectly also helps)

                                                                                             Grade: 7.0







Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas